Sometimes I reluctantly see a movie that looks super goofy, hoping that I'll be pleasantly surprised. Here are five times I was completely blown away:
1) What We Do in the Shadows looked so weird but was so freaking phenomenal. Taika Waititi is a genius.
2) I kind of got tricked into watching 21 Jump Street, and I'm so glad I did because I laughed forever.
3) I had absolutely no interest in seeing John Wick, despite the number of people who told me it was great. Well, they were right.
4) The Neighbors was a movie I never planned to see, but I laughed until i cried and saw the sequel the second it came out.
5) I was always going to see Guardians of the Galaxy because I see every Marvel movie, but I had no idea what to expect. Could the guy from Parks & Rec, a talking raccoon, and a giant tree really make a good movie? Yes, yes they could.
What movies did you expect to not love and end up being totally impressed by? Let's chat in the comments!
Want to chat about more weird and nerdy things? Okay.